Textile Designing courses are ideal for students who are creative. These programs are ideal for those who are passionate about domains such as – textile technology, designing and drawing.
In India, Textile Designing courses are available in the following levels –
- UG (Undergraduate)
- PG (Postgraduate)
- Doctoral Degree
UG stands for Undergraduate level. PG stands for Postgraduate level. Doctoral Degree comes after PG level.
Students who have passed 12th standard are eligible to pursue UG Degree courses. Candidates who have passed relevant Bachelor’s Degree course are eligible to pursue PG courses. Candidates who have completed relevant Master’s Degree course are eligible to pursue Doctoral Degree programs. Textile Design is the process of creating designs for woven, knitted or printed fabrics or surface ornamented fabrics.
A textile designer is capable of crafting beautifully crafted clothing items (clothing, carpets, drapes towels, rugs, decorative etc) from the raw material. Here are some of the tasks performed by a textile designer –
- Sourcing and acquiring raw material
- Conceiving design
- Illustrating design
- Printing and manufacturing
A textile designer is knowledgeable about the design aspect as well as technical aspects of production. Talking about technical aspects, he/she is knowledgeable about aspects such as –
UG COURSES (AFTER 12TH)
- B.Tech. in Textile Engineering/Technology
- Diploma in Textile Engineering/Technology
- BA in Textile Design
- B.Des. Textile Design
- BA in Textile and Fashion Design
- B.Des. Fashion and Textile Design
PG COURSES (AFTER GRADUATION)
- M.Tech. Textile Engineering/Technology
- PG Diploma in Textile Engineering/Technology
- MA in Textile Design
- MA in Fashion and Textile Design
- M.Des. Textile Design
- M.Des. Fashion and Textile Design
DOCTORAL DEGREE PROGRAMS
- PhD in Textile Design
- PhD in Fashion and Textile Design
Course duration varies from one institute to another. It also varies from one course format to another. Let us check out course duration of some formats –
- Diploma courses: 3 years
- B.E. or B.Tech. courses: 4 years
- BA courses: 3 years
- B.Des. courses: 3 years
- PG Diploma courses: 1-2 years
- M.E. or M.Tech. courses: 2 years
- MA courses: 2 years
- M.Des. courses: 2 years
Eligibility criteria may vary from one academic program to another. Let us check them out –
- Diploma courses: 10th or 12th pass
- B.E. or B.Tech. courses: 12th Science pass with PCM subjects
- BA courses: 12th pass
- B.Des. courses: 12th pass
- PG Diploma courses: Completed relevant Bachelor’s Degree course
- M.E. or M.Tech. Courses: Completed relevant B.E. or B.Tech. course
- MA courses: Completed relevant Bachelor’s Degree course
- M.Des. courses: Completed relevant Bachelor’s Degree course
- PhD programs: Completed relevant Master’s Degree course
Textile Designers have access to diverse job opportunities. They have access to Government jobs, Private jobs as well as Self-Employment opportunities.
Here are some of the prime recruiters –
- Textile Manufacturing firms
- Textile Printing firms
- Textile Departments (Government)
- Textile Equipment manufacturing firms
- Clothing Brands
- Clothing and Apparel manufacturers
In the above mentioned firms, Textile Designers may don the following roles –
- Printing specialist
- Production manager
Seven Educon is one of the Top Educational Consultant in India for Indian & Overseas Education. We have specialized division for Textile Designing Study assistance in India as well as abroad. We are helping students to appear exams in India to Study Textile Designing Abroad. We also guide students to choose suitable college as per their choice from Top abroad Textile Designing Courses.
Seven Educon provides curriculum of all types of Textile Designing Courses also suggests best country to study Textile Designing. We are the most trusted Textile Designing Study Abroad Consultant in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai & Thane.
Seven Educon also helps students to get scholarships to study abroad Textile Designing.
Students helped us to secure brand name for top overseas education consultant in India for Textile Designing study in abroad and best overseas education consultant in India for Textile Designing study in abroad.