Discounts for students in UK
Posted on: April 03 2019, By : Ayush Varhadi
It’s no secret that student life in the UK can be pricey. Luckily, there are plenty of discounts out there to make things that little bit more affordable.
With so many student discounts out there waiting to be exploited, we wanted to provide a handy list of stores and retailers that regularly offer student deals both online and in store. Offers include up to 50 percent student discount on laptops and other technologies, as well as up to 25 percent off restaurant food bills and takeaways. For all discounts you should present your student ID card at the time of purchase.
Useful websites for finding discounts
• Save The Student – Provides free, unbiased advice on how to make your money go further, and lists temporary UK student deals to take advantage of (such as free drinks/snacks). It also has search tool to look for student discounts.
• Student Money Saver – Also features a range of student deals and discounts, as well as advice on how to manage your money.(HR process outsourcing in mumbai)
Types of UK student discount cards and online codes
• ISIC (worldwide) – £12 a year, the International Student Identity Card (ISIC) offers discounts to students in 130 different countries. Although largely US-centric, an ISIC card is considered an accepted form of student ID in many UK stores.
• TOTUM (UK) – £12 a year, the TOTUM card, offered by the National Union of Students (NUS), offers exclusive student discounts worth up to £500 a year to students in the UK.
• UNiDAYs (Australia & New Zealand, United States, UK, Ireland, Germany and Denmark) – UNiDAYS is an online student scheme, for which those studying in participating countries can register for free. UNiDAYS offers student discounts with brands such as Apple, ASOS and Urban Outfitters. Also available as a handy smartphone app.
• Student Beans – A site for student discounts in the UK, which features some offers that you won’t find on UNiDAYS, for example 10 percent off Oliver Bonas, reduced student tickets at Alton Towers and discounts on food brands such as Papa John’s.(HR training in mumbai)
• Clothes can be an expensive investment, but thankfully, many of the UK’s biggest fashion outlets offer student discounts.
• Adidas: Update your sports gear with a tempting 15% off with UNiDAYS.
• American Apparel: UNiDAYS can help you save 20% off in store or online.
• ASOS: With an NUS Extra card, you can get 10% off online purchases.
• Burton: Get 10% off all year round, both online and with in-store purchases.
• French Connection: Discounts of up to 15% are available online and in store.
• Levi’s: Enjoy 20% off the designer jean brand when you shop with UNiDAYS.
• New Look: You can currently get 20% off online and in store with a student ID card or UNiDAYS promo code.
• Office: Get 10% off online via UNiDAYS or with in-store purchases when you show a valid student card.
• Reebok: Receive 10% off when you shop online with UNiDAYS.
• Schuh: Students are entitled to 10% off in store and online.
• Topshop/Topman: Get 10% off online and in store. Watch out for special 20% off student events!
• Urban Outfitters: Like Topshop, Urban Outfitters gives students a 10% discount on purchases.
• Vans: Get 10% off new kicks using your UNiDAYS discount code.
• If you consider yourself to be a bit of a foodie, you’ll be pleased to hear that students can get discounts for a wide range of restaurants. Here are just a few of the top picks.
• ASK Italian: Students are treated to 25% off their bill on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays (or 40% off on Mondays and Tuesdays) if they have an NUS Extra card.
• Domino’s Pizza: You can currently get 25% off your order (when you spend £25) with a Student Beans iD, or 25% off with an NUS Extra card.
• Giraffe: An NUS Extra card will get you 20% off your bill all day Monday to Friday (and from 6pm on Sundays).
• Gourmet Burger Kitchen: Download the GBK app and you can unlock exclusive discounts – including 30% off.
• Krispy Kreme: Use your NUS Extra card to get a 20% discount on a doughnut (or 10!).
• McDonald’s: If you have any student card then you can get a free cheeseburger, hamburger or McFlurry with any large meal, while an NUS extra card gets you free medium fries with a Big Mac or McChicken Sandwich.
• Pizza Express: Feast on pizza and pastas on Mondays and Tuesdays and get a tasty 40% discount using your NUS Extra card.
• The Cooperative: Your student card gets you 10% off your grocery shopping here.
• Yo! Sushi: If you join the Yo! Love Club and tick the box that says you’re a student, you’ll be entitled to 25% off your food bill (except on Mondays and Saturdays).
• Zizzi: Visit Zizzi for your fix of Italian food on Monday or Tuesday, and earn a whopping 40% off your bill with an NUS Extra card.
• If you love going out for food, could also look into getting a Tastecard, which will get you 50% off your bill at most major restaurant chains from Mondays to Thursdays, and on Sundays. Although it’ll cost you £30 a year, you’ll receive huge savings on your meals. Plus you can currently get a free 3-month trial via UNiDAYS.
UK student discounts for entertainment/media
• Odeon Cinemas – Student ticket prices and discounts.
• Cineworld – Reduced price tickets for students.
• Spotify Premium – 50 percent off premium subscription (with UNiDAYS).
• The Guardian – 80 percent off digital subscriptions to The Guardian and other perks.
UK student discounts for health and beauty
• Boots Opticians – Save 25 percent on your first pair of glasses or prescription sunglasses, with every additional pair of glasses or prescription sunglasses half price.
• Supercuts – 10 percent off haircuts and services with a student ID.
• Superdrug – 10 percent off for NUS Extra cardholders. You also need to have a Beautycard (the store loyalty card).
UK student discounts for school supplies
• Foyles bookshop – Offers 20 percent off in store and online twice a year.
• Waterstones – Get 10 percent off with UNiDAYS.
• Paperchase – 10 percent off in UK stores and online with UNiDAYS, plus 10 percent off photocopying, printing and services in store.
• Ryman Stationery – The Ryman ‘Student Genius Club’ offers 10 percent student discount in store and online, as well as 10 percent off photocopying, printing and binding services.
• Cass Art – 10 percent off online with a Cobalt Blue Student Card.
• Amazon.co.uk – The Amazon Student scheme offers free one-day delivery for six months and 50 percent off Amazon Prime thereafter (making it £39 a year or £3.99 a month).
• Software4Students – Featuring student deals and discounts for Microsoft, Adobe and anti-virus software.( top overseas education consultant for uk in mumbai)
UK student discounts for technology
• Adobe Creative Cloud – 60 percent off Adobe creative cloud services.
• Apple for education – Receive up to 10 percent student discount on laptops and Mac computers and up to 5 percent on iPads with education pricing.
• HP – Up to 30 percent off HP products (PCs, printers, supplies and accessories).
• Microsoft Office – 10 percent off with UNiDAYS, plus a four year student subscription to Microsoft Office for £59.99.
• Norton Security – Save up $65 (approximately £46) on Norton internet security and antivirus systems.
• UK student discounts for mobile
• O2 – 20 percent off your Airtime Plan, when you sign up to O2 Refresh.
• Vodafone – 10 percent off selected price plans.
UK student discounts for travel
• 16-25 Railcard – 1/3 off all rail travel in the UK (cost of card is £30 per year or £70 for three years). You can get 12 percent off a railcard with Student Beans.
• 18+ Student Oyster photocard – 30 percent off adult-rate travel cards for use on all Transport for London services (i.e. underground, overground, buses and trams). Only available to students living at a London address during term time and enrolled at participating universities in London.
• Megabus – 10 percent off all coach travel with Megabus (with an NUS Extra card).
• National Express Young Persons Coachcard – 1/3 off full-price National Express coach tickets (cost of card is £10 per year) for 16-26 year olds.
• STA Travel – Student deals and offers for round-the-world travel.
• Student Universe – Student discounts on flights, hotels, hostels and tours.
UK student bank account incentives
• Natwest – Free four-year National Express coachcard, giving you a third off coach travel. (Other perks include a gradually increasing overdraft.)
• Santander – Free 16-25 Railcard (see above) for four years with the Santander student bank account, saving you a third on all rail travel within the UK. The free overdraft limit is up to £1,500.
You can approach overseas education consultant for uk in Mumbai who will assist you with the admission and visa processes. All the best for your adventure abroad!